For International Students:
- Come joins us at one our Cafe locations near you and share with us about your country, culture and language. You can also practice your conversational English skills with our friendly local volunteers.
- Don’t see a Cafe in your city? Please contact us and we will see if we can get a Cafe started close to you.
For native English Speakers:
We have several ways for you to get involved and impact these international students.
- Friendship partners – Though our sister nonprofit International Students Inc., we have a team that will match you with an international student from any country.
- Minimum requirement of meeting 1-2 times per month for coffee or lunch (with you and/or your family)
- Volunteer at our Cafes – this happens weekly so you have many opportunities to come meet international students, speak with them in English, and share your cultural views with them:
- We prefer weekly attendance yet if you can only come for a few times a month, we (and the students) would be glad to have you.
- Donate – Helping internationals students experience the American culture isn’t cheap so any monetary or in-kind donations are gratefully accepted. (In-Kind Donations: packages snacks, coffee, plastic wear etc.) To make a donation, either bring it to one of the Cafes, or contact us by email so we can send you the donation form.
Check out what our students are saying about the Cafes here
Contact us at intconversationcafe (at) gmail (dot) com and we will get back to you within 48 hours.